Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just photos...

I have class in about twenty minutes, but luckily, I live two doors down from my classroom (my apartment, library, classroom, Rome Center Office, professor's and TAs' rooms are all in the same apartment building), so I can go in my socks and leave with fifteen seconds to go. With that in mind, here are a few highlights of the last week.

This is us walking on the original Via Appia two Sundays ago. Roman roads last a long time. The bushes, sidewalk, and street lamps are all new. It's a beautiful walk, though. Unfortunately, you're not on the real Via Appia the whole way.

View from the side of the Via Appia of Rome. You can see the remnants of an aqueduct in the photo.
The inside of the Colosseum.


View of the Arch of Constantine from the second story of the Colosseum. The grassy area in front was a huge fountain.

Greek temple at Paestum, I think. These were massive, and made Roman temples look a little cute and fancy, whereas these were all business.

Tomb art in the museum at Paestum. Romans and I liked to draw a lot of the same things.
Latin Word for the Day: moneo, monere, monui, monitum (verb, "to warn," second conj.)

Vale, amici.

No comments: